The impacts of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) on an organisation will vary according to the nature and granularity of data that is being collected and held, but for organisations that are impacted then good database design, data integrity, the ability to generate reports and access security will be of paramount importance.
If you use an Act! database and would like this customised to meet the requirements of GDPR then we can assist using our many years of experience in database design for industries and organisations across all business sectors.
We have GDPR Foundation certified resources to assist you in ensuring your Act! database is compliant.
Our ‘GDPR & Act! Compliance‘ infographic highlights a number of aspects that Act! database owners may wish to consider when looking at GDPR compliance is their businesses – these aspects may well be valid for other systems it can be downloaded here.
The external links below may be of interest to anyone looking at the issues that GDPR raises:
- ICO General: https://ico.org.uk
- ICO Fees: https://ico.org.uk/media/for-organisations/documents/2258205/dp-fee-guide-for-controllers-20180221.pdf
- Example data retention schedule: https://www.kent.gov.uk/__data/assets/pdf_file/0008/71468/Retention-Schedule.pdf
- LegitimateInterest: https://dma.org.uk/uploads/misc/59ca0f2e17ef3-dpn-li-guidancepublication_59ca0f2e17e5a.pdf
- B2B & B2C Marketing https://www.selectlegal.co.uk/the-great-gdpr-b2b-b2c-marketing-debate/
- IT Governance – for all GDPR and IT Governance Training https://www.itgovernance.co.uk/